Leaf Skin® living walls
A skin that is lighter, faster to install and cheaper: the LeafSkin® system.
LeafSkin® is a hydroponic system created and patented by SingularGreen that eliminates the on-site planting phase, speeding up installation and lowering costs.
FICHA TÉCNICA DEL SISTEMA F+P
Download documentation for compliance with the technical code here:
Characteristics of the system:
Supply and installation of LeafSkin® vertical garden by SingularGreen, consisting of:
- SG-P35 100% recycled and recyclable waterproof panel
- SG-L40 inert substrate with a density of 100kg/m3 fixed with A4 stainless steel screws
- Planting of 30 plants/m2
- Custom garden design and species selection by a SingularGreen technician
Installation of an irrigation system consisting of:
- SG-R16 irrigation pipe
- SG-A24R irrigation centralisation with automatic fertilizer dosing
- GALCON GSI irrigation remote control and telemanagement system, with flow and electrical alerts via email
- Includes programming, commissioning and alert monitoring by SingularGreen
Does not include:
- Civil works (opening of hole, preparation and filling of the same, opening of pipe trenches, etc.)
- Works of preparation of the area (levelling of vertical walls, pipe sleeves, modification of pavements, etc.)
- Space for irrigation centralisation (box, cabinet, etc.)
- Top and side finishes
- Remote control
- Execution of perimeter junctions
- Connections to water, electricity and drainage service points
- Collection channel or lifting equipment
The irrigation equipment must be located protected from the weather and from access by unauthorised personnel, to guarantee its durability and avoid its manipulation by unqualified third parties. Water, electricity and drainage points are assumed to be next to the construction area.
Characteristics of LeafSkin® living wall
SYSTEM TYPE: Hydroponic, with projected substrate.
LOCATION: Indoor and outdoor.
MANUFACTURING: Waterproof support panels SG-P35 with mechanically fixed substrate panels SG-L40.
INSTALLATION: Panels with standard measurements adaptable to different shapes and sizes.
REQUIREMENTS: Water supply point, power supply point, and water outlet connection for return or drainage.
IRRIGATION TYPE: SG-A24 hydroponic system adapted to the scale of the vertical garden, with the option of recirculating lost water
Lightness of the system: The lightness of the system is one of the advantages of the system, not exceeding 30 kg/m².
Prefabrication: The system allows it to be sent to any location pre-assembled and seeded. So that the end user only has to anchor it to the support, connect the irrigation pipes and watch it grow.
Flexibility: Although these are panels with standard measurements, they can be cut and adjusted in size to adapt to the necessary shapes.
Exterior and interior: The system is valid for both exterior and interior (always taking into account the lighting requirements)
Different hydroponic substrates: the system works with different inert substrates, with which we obtain different thicknesses depending on the requirements.
To install it, only a water supply connection and a drain connection are required.
As in other SingularGreen systems, LeafsSkin® admits both the recirculation of water and its discharge to the drainage network.
Some works done with LeafSkin®
Water recirculation: SG-A24R irrigation system
The SG-A24R irrigation system allows for maximum water savings as consumption is reduced to practically evapotranspiration and water consumed by the plant. Consumption in a Mediterranean climate in winter is approximately 1 l/m²/day and consumption in the same climate in summer is approximately 5 l/m²/día.
With continuous water drainage: Irrigation system SG-A24P
The SG-A24P irrigation system minimizes the space required for the irrigation system, making it recommended for projects where the available installation space is very limited
Frequently Asked Questions
When considering a vertical garden, the first thing we must do is select the system we are going to use.
To do this, we must take into account the following properties to evaluate its suitability:
- PHYSICAL RESISTANCE OF THE SUBSTRATE. The substrate’s ability to maintain its structure over time.
- CHEMICAL DURABILITY. The useful life of the substrate subjected to the necessary fertigation conditions.
- WATER RETENTION. It is the ability of a vertical garden to survive without the need for irrigation.
- NUTRIENT RETENTION. It is the ability of a vertical garden to survive without the addition of nutrients.
- EASE OF PLANT REPLACEMENT. Easily replacing failed plants is of vital importance.
- EASE OF IRRIGATION REPLACEMENT. It should be perfectly accessible and replaceable in case of failure.
- COMPLEXITY OF THE IRRIGATION AND FERTIRRIGATION SYSTEM.
- VARIETY OF PLANTING.
- COLD RESISTANCE. In cold climates, some systems present the problem of root freezing.
- WEIGHT. It is a very important variable to consider, especially when working on existing facades.
- MODULARITY. Vertical gardens can be modular or built “in situ.”
- PLANTING METHOD. Pre-planted or planted “in situ.”
- TYPE OF MAINTENANCE.
If you are interested in installing a vertical garden and do not know what solution to adopt, you can contact our technical service, and we will resolve any doubts you may have. We can also design tailor-made solutions for your case.
Our fertigation system can recirculate the water used to irrigate the vertical garden, so the water consumption can be minimized.
It’s important to keep in mind that the water used benefits the environmental quality of the area by cooling the atmosphere through evapotranspiration.
The maintenance required for our vertical gardens is minimal. It consists of minor plant substitutions, small repairs to the irrigation network, typical use-related maintenance, and general inspection of the garden’s condition.
We always recommend incorporating a remote control system in the irrigation system that will provide alerts for the following:
- Water flow rate
- Fertilizer dosing
- Electrical failure
- Solenoid valve failure
We offer a maintenance service that includes the following tasks:
- Visual inspection of the vegetation’s condition
- Visual inspection of the irrigation system
- Maintenance and start-up of the irrigation system, filter cleaning, and pH and conductivity control
- Visual control of pests
- Pruning and growth control, twice a year
- Supply of hydroponic consumables (fertilization, acid, spare parts, etc.)
- Phytosanitary treatments, twice a year (one in spring and one in summer)
- Remote control of the irrigation system with a maximum response time of 3 natural days in case of failure
If you do not wish to contract the maintenance service but install the remote control system, we will provide the garden alert control service..
If you are interested in learning more about this topic, we invite you to take a look at the following article: How to make vertical gardens.
Why choose SingularGreen?
PROJECTS ADAPTED TO THE LOCATION
SingularGreen carries out a thorough study of the conditions of each project, proposing the best option for each context.
In each project, possibilities are studied, choosing systems with the greatest lightness, adapted to the structural premises of the support
Installation of the latest technology in remote control systems, which alerts of any failure quickly and efficiently.
SingularGreen gardens offer a 10-year guarantee of the system, as well as a plant guarantee during the periodic maintenance contract.
Your garden customized to your needs and preferences, to achieve a result that expresses what you want.
Are you an architect, interior designer, or designer in need of assistance with your design?
SingularGreen provides technical advisory services during the project design, installation development, and subsequently. Our goal is a perfect installation and commissioning of the garden. If you need information, please contact us through the form or call us at 966 282 640 – 673 768 624.